Derek is joined again by Alex Garcia and they will talk more broadly about the outsourcing sector and they will deep dive a little bit into Alex’s experience. They will also briefly discuss OFWs and the online world.
- Alex was a licensed teacher before he decided to venture into the BPO industry.
- Alex started VA4REI without any external funding, which according to Derek is quite rare for startup companies especially the ones from the West. Right now, VA4REI has 50 to 60 VAs servicing 100 clients.
- VA4REI has been servicing Real Estate investor but now they’re expanding into SEO, graphic designing and web development
- According to Alex, the BPO industry will still grow in the future especially in the Philippines. He mentioned Filipinos being hard workers and the Filipinos’ grasp of the English language to cite a few reasons why companies should outsource to the Philippines.
- Derek and Alex briefly discussed the educational system in the Philippines and the challenges that Filipinos are facing.
- Alex mentioned the government support for outsourcing and the BPO sector is growing.
- Outsource Accelerator is trying to promote outsourcing to the world but most especially to the Philippines. According to Derek, people that work in the outsourcing industry are the “economic soldiers of the Philippine future” and they need to be celebrated more.
- Alex started his company VA4REI without any external funding which is an impressive feat.
- According to Derek, he thinks that outsourcing is so brilliant because it is offering people in the Philippines an equal opportunity to do professional roles, to earn professional salaries and work for companies in the West without having to leave their families.
- According to Derek, people that work in the outsourcing industry are the “economic soldiers of the Philippine future” and they need to be celebrated more.