Ultimate guide to outsourcing
It takes courage and conviction to take your business down the outsourcing road. Outsourcing may include risks; which is why this guide was written to teach you on how to do it as safe as possible and also to maximize returns sooner.
These days could be some of the most exciting times in your life. Why? Because having a business and thinking about outsourcing are not that simple! Indeed, deciding on whether you ought to outsource your business or not should not be taken lightly.
You may be eager to learn about the secrets on how to become a successful outsourcer or perhaps, you are someone who have already tried it, but have failed the first time. Whatever the case may be, this guide will be one of your most important references moving forward.
This guide will explain the basics of outsourcing, its benefits, as well as the steps and proper timing of how and when to begin. Also discussed here are the common myths and misconceptions about outsourcing.
Some real-life success stories are featured. You will find out how some of the most popular entrepreneurs like Jack Ma, Noah Kagan, and Vivek Wadhwa developed their businesses to the success they are today through of outsourcing.
Companies such as Procter and Gamble, Unilever, and Skype have successfully leveraged outsourcing to continue to innovate, save money, and maximize the knowledge of the experts in their industries. Their decision proved to be right in the long run as they have continued to be relevant in today’s modern times.
A couple of outsourcing employees are also featured, showing how working in the BPO industry changed their lives and their families’ lives.
Lastly, this guide will also discuss how the Philippines has emerged as the top outsourcing destination in the world. Some of the top and most well-known Philippine BPO companies are also recommended in the final section of this guide.
Truly, this guide lives up to its title as the ultimate guide to outsourcing!
- Business Process Outsourcing: knowing the basics and its benefits
- Business Process Outsourcing and its advantages
- 10 reasons why you need to outsource your business
- a. It reduces and controls the operating costs but increases revenues
- b. It helps You maximize the use of external resources
- c. It enables the company to gain access to world-class capabilities
- d. It can free up internal resources for other purposes
- e. It Requires Little to No Initial Capital Investment
- f. It Provides You Access to Trained or Expert Specialists
- g. It Allows You to Focus on the Core Competencies of Your Business
- h. It Reduces the Training and Labor Costs of the Employees
- i. It Gives You Instant Access to World-Class Skills
- j. It Ensures 100 percent Security in the Billing Process
- What Are the Business Areas That You Need to Outsource?
- Different Types of Outsourcing that You Need to Know
- Staff Leasing vs. Seat Leasing vs. BPO vs. B-O-T
- Outsourcing vs. Offshoring: Knowing Its Difference and Importance
- Part I: A Simple Guide Before You Start Outsourcing Your Business
- Part II: How Are You Going to Outsource Your Business?
- Part III: Is Now the Right Time for You to Start Outsourcing?
- Myths and Misconceptions of Outsourcing: Is It Real or Not?
- Myth #1 - Outsourcing Lets You Lose Control of Your Business
- Myth #2 - Outsourcing Only Aims to Cut Your Operational Costs
- Myth #3 - Outsourcing Guarantees Lack of Knowledge on the Services
- Myth #4 - Outsourcing Is Only Limited to Big Businesses
- Myth #5 - Outsourcing Will Let You Lose the Privacy of the Company
- Myth #6 - Outsourcing Means Offshoring: There Is No Difference
- Myth #7 - Outsourcing Delivers Low-Quality Services and Outputs
- Myth #8 - Outsourcing Weakens the Economic Status of the Country
- Myth #9 - Outsourcing Adds Up to the Unemployment Rate
- Myth #10 - Outsourcing Is Not a Long-term Plan
- Myth #11: Outsourcing Is Only for Established Businesses
- Myth #12: IT Outsourcing Is Way Too Complicated for Small Businesses
- Myth #13: Healthcare BPOs Can Increase Expenses
- Myth #14: An In-house Sales Force is Cheaper Than Outsourcing
- Myth #15: Outsourcing Sales Force Destroys Company Branding
- Real-Life Success Stories: How BPO Continues to Change Lives
- Why Do People Choose the BPO Industry as Their First Career Venue?
- BPO as the Ladder to Success: 10 Stories of Firsthand Experiences
- The Philippines as the Top Outsourcing Destination
- What Made Outsourcing Skill Sets in the Philippines Different?
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to Outsource to the Philippines
- 1. The Philippines Is an English-Speaking Country
- 2. Labor Costs Are Lesser Than in Most Western Countries
- 3. You Can Hire Flexible, Skilled, and World-Class Employees
- 4. Filipinos Ensure High-Quality and Excellent Services
- 5. Filipinos Can Adjust to Any Time Zone and Working Schedule
- 6. You Can Focus on Handling the Core Competencies of Your Business
- 7. You Can Assure That You Are Paying the Best Salary Rates
- 8. Government Support
- 9. Ability to Multi-task Efficiently
- 10. Infrastructure Development
- What are the Accounts that BPO Companies have in the Philippines?
- Top Business Process Outsourcing Companies in the Philippines
ConclusionWe hope that this guide was able to help you to:
- Know the basic definition of outsourcing and how it affects a business.
- Learn how outsourcing can help you grow your own business.
- Recognize why you need to outsource whether you are a solopreneur, an SME company, or a large corporation.
- Identify what the common business areas for outsourcing are.
- Gather the basic steps on how to begin outsourcing.
- Understand the essential things to prepare first before starting the process of outsourcing.
- Discern and anticipate the best time to outsource.
- Learn create a basic outsourcing checklist.
- Debunk all the common myths and misconceptions associated with outsourcing.
- Become inspired by numerous success stories by popular entrepreneurs and companies and some of the employees themselves.
- Understand how and realize why the Philippines has become the leading outsourcing nation in the world today.