Today, Derek will go over the introduction to the Outsource Activation Consultation Program. He will discuss certain aspects such as outsourcing is a win-win, the history of outsourcing and then quickly go over the 6 modules.
- Derek discussed the core concept that outsourcing is a win-win for everyone involved.
- There is an inevitability about outsourcing. It is going to happen and we might as well embrace it. Outsourcing allows businesses to concentrate on their core functionalities, core values, and key functions by delegating all of the non-essential things and by having these done at a cheaper cost.
- Derek briefly discussed the history of outsourcing. Outsourcing has been happening in the Philippines for 20-25 years now. The Philippines alongside India was one of the world’s first in outsourcing. Outsourcing happened in the Philippines because of its close historic ties to the U.S.
- International conglomerates were the first ones to embrace outsourcing. it was enabled because these conglomerates had large departments with hundreds or thousands of people doing one specific particular task or process.
- Outsourcing was also made possible with technology. Outsourcing was not possible 25 years ago until the affordable transfer of information through telephones. After this, call centers started to appear in the Philippines.
- 25 years later the BPO industry employs about 1.2 million people and there are estimates that there are about another 1 million people that are temporarily employed in the Philippines through platforms such as Upwork and freelancer.com.
- Before only big conglomerates have the capabilities to outsource, now everything is a lot lighter because of technology. A BPO can be put up in a matter of days and all of the infrastructure and Internet connection that can carry what information companies need without any real great engineering feat.
- 6 Modules
- Module One – We will look at laying out the framework for outsourcing in your organization. With the consultation, we can look at your business specifically. And we will look over your business plan, org charts and then we will discuss with you outsourcing options specific to your needs.
- Module Two – We will talk about engaging the right provider. Here, we will discuss the different types of outsourcing providers.
- Module Three – We will look at training and skill development. Once you have engaged with your BPO provider. How to onboard a Filipino workforce. We will look at specific functionalities.
- Module Four – Managing the Filipino workforce. In this module, we will discuss the key elements of working with the Filipino team.
- Module Five – Discusses the exponential expansion of your business. We will learn here how to take outsourcing further.
- Module Six – This is where we will delve into the potential the blue-ocean thinking for outsourcing.
- India and the Philippines are the world’s first when it comes to outsourcing.
- Outsourcing was made possible with technology mainly telephony.
- Outsourcing started in the Philippines with large conglomerates and then eventually it expanded to SMEs.
- Outsourcing is extremely helpful to SMEs most especially if they want to cut on costs but do not want to sacrifice quality.