Your website’s growth is best seen with a combination of organic and paid efforts, and hiring a PPC specialist is the key to maximizing this growth.
Learn how you can hire a PPC specialist in this article.
What is a PPC specialist?
A pay-per-click (PPC) specialist is a professional who specializes in managing pay-per-click campaigns for businesses. PPC advertising is a digital marketing strategy where advertisers pay a fee each time their ad is clicked.
The role of a PPC specialist is to create, analyze, and optimize PPC campaigns to maximize the return on investment for businesses.
Duties of a PPC specialist
A PPC specialist is responsible for various tasks to ensure the success of PPC campaigns. Some of their key duties include:
- Conducting comprehensive keyword research to identify relevant and high-converting keywords for PPC campaigns
- Developing compelling and engaging ad copies that attract the target audience’s attention and encourage them to click on the ads
- Setting up PPC campaigns on platforms like Google Ads, Bing Ads, or social media platforms, including defining target audiences, budgets, and bidding strategies
- Constantly monitoring the performance of PPC campaigns, analyzing data, and making necessary adjustments to improve click-through rates (CTR), conversion rates, and overall campaign effectiveness
- Managing PPC budgets to ensure optimal allocation of resources and maximum return on investment (ROI)
- Conducting A/B tests to compare different ad variations, landing pages, or targeting strategies to identify the most effective approach
- Providing regular reports on key performance indicators (KPIs) and presenting insights and recommendations to stakeholders
Skills and requirements needed in a PPC specialist
Certain skills and requirements are crucial to excel as a PPC specialist. These include:
- In-depth knowledge of PPC platforms.Proficiency in platforms such as Google Ads, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads, and staying updated with the latest features and trends.
- Analytical mindset. The ability to analyze big data for marketing, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions to optimize campaigns.
- Attention to detail. Being meticulous in setup and monitoring to avoid errors and maximize campaign performance.
- Time management. Managing multiple campaigns and deadlines efficiently.
- Continuous learning. Keeping up-to-date with industry trends, algorithm updates, and new features to stay in the field.
Where to hire a PPC specialist?
When looking to hire a PPC specialist, there are several avenues you can explore:
Online job sites
Businesses can post their PPC specialist job openings on online job sites like:
- Monster. A popular job site with many job postings, including PPC specialist positions.
- Flexjobs. A platform specializing in remote and flexible job opportunities, including PPC specialist roles.
- Indeed. This comprehensive job site has a large pool of candidates and various PPC specialist job listings.
Firms can also look for PPC specialists on Freelance platforms.
- PeoplePerHour. This freelance platform connects businesses with freelance PPC specialists who can work on a project basis.
- FreeUp. A curated freelancer marketplace with pre-vetted PPC specialists available for short-term or long-term projects.
- Fiverr. Freelancers offer services at various price points in this platform, including PPC campaign management.
Third-party firms and BPOs
Hiring a PPC specialist through outsourcing can be a cost-effective and efficient way to access top talent without needing in-house resources.
Various advertising agencies and BPO firms offer digital functions like PPC marketing. Through this, you can hire a team of PPC specialists who can get the work done at a fraction of hiring locally.
However, starting with a smaller project or trial period is always a good practice to assess the PPC specialist’s skills and compatibility with your organization’s goals. This allows you to evaluate their performance before committing to a long-term partnership.
Salary comparison for PPC specialists
The salary of a PPC specialist can vary depending on factors such as the level of experience, location, and company size.
Here’s a brief salary comparison between the two countries.
On-site vs. Remote setup for a PPC specialist
The setup for a PPC specialist can be either on-site or remote, depending on the company’s policies and the specialist’s preference.
On-site setups require the specialist to be physically present at the office, allowing for direct collaboration with the team. On the other hand, remote setups provide flexibility, allowing specialists to work from anywhere with an internet connection.
Remote setups have gained popularity, especially with the rise of virtual communication tools, and many companies now offer remote opportunities for PPC specialists.
PPC specialist job description template
If you plan to post a job listing for a PPC specialist, use the template as a starting point.
By tailoring this template to your specific requirements, you can attract qualified PPC specialists who perfectly fit your organization.
Here’s a list of questions you may ask when conducting an interview, to help you choose the right candidate suited for your organization.