Job description template: Accounts receivable specialist
At [Company Name], we are a leading [industry] company dedicated to providing exceptional [products/services] to our valued customers.
We have established a strong standing within the industry by emphasizing quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
As we expand, we seek a skilled and detail-oriented accounts receivable specialist to join our finance team.
About the role
Position: Accounts receivable specialist
Location: [City, State]
Reports to: [Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead]
As an accounts receivable specialist at [Company Name], you will play a critical role in managing our receivables and ensuring the timely and accurate processing of customer payments.
This position requires a keen eye for detail, excellent organizational skills, and strong analytical abilities.
You will collaborate closely with other finance team members and communicate with customers to resolve billing inquiries or disputes.
- Generate and send accurate and timely customer invoices based on completed orders and services rendered
- Record and process customer payments, ensuring they are properly allocated to the correct accounts
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding payments, sending reminders and statements, and making collection calls as necessary
- Reconcile customer accounts regularly, identifying and resolving any discrepancies or issues
- Address customer inquiries and resolve billing disputes or discrepancies in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare reports on accounts receivable status, aging, and collection activities for management
Qualifications and skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy in managing invoices, payments, and reconciling accounts
- Strong analytical skills that help with looking over financial data, finding patterns, and making smart choices
- Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize work effectively
- Clear and effective communication skills to build positive relationships with customers and colleagues
- Proficiency in using accounting software and tools for invoicing, payment tracking, and generating reports
- Problem-solving abilities to identify and resolve issues related to payments and customer inquiries
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is ideal. Equivalent work experience in accounts receivable or related finance roles will also be considered.
This is a full-time position arranged for a hybrid work setup. The role involves working in an office environment, utilizing standard equipment and computer systems.
A schedule will be provided to indicate days when you can work remotely.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email address].
In your cover letter, briefly outline your relevant experience and explain why you would be a great fit for the role.
All applications are valued, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Benefits of joining [Company Name]
At [Company Name], we value our employees’ contributions and offer a competitive compensation package.
This includes salary commensurate with experience, health insurance, retirement plans, and professional growth and development opportunities.
We foster a positive work environment that promotes teamwork, collaboration, and creativity.
The deadline for applications is [Date]. We encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible, as we will begin conducting interviews immediately.
Join our finance team and contribute to our ongoing success at [Company Name]!
*You can also browse through this list of interview questions to help your hiring team find the most suitable accounts receivable specialist candidate.