Is Remote.co legit? Here’s what you need to know
With the rise of remote work, the demand for platforms that offer remote job listings, resources, and advice has also increased. The abundance of online job platforms is an example of the increasing solutions for this demand.
One example is Remote.co, dedicated to helping freelancers and organizations embrace remote work and build successful remote teams.
Is Remote.co legit? Let’s find out with this brief review.
Remote.co is a professional platform serving as a comprehensive resource for businesses finding remote work as an opportunity. It provides various services and tools for individuals and organizations looking to embrace the benefits of remote work.
At Remote.co, users can find:
- Job listings for remote positions
- Best practices for remote work
- Expert advice and insights
- Community forums
The platform also offers consulting, training, and recruitment services to help companies and organizations transition to remote work seamlessly. It partners with several websites for remote work, including Flexjobs.
While majorly catering to companies interested in remote work, Remote.co offers various features for freelancers and clients alike.
The platform is totally free to use for freelancers and remote workers looking for flexible work and expert advice. Along with their account, they can enjoy the following features:
Remote.co is home to a vast range of job listings from different industries and sectors. This includes tech, marketing, design, and customer service.
The platform adds more than 130 job listings every week scattered to multiple categories.
Advice and insights
Remote.co features educational resources highlighting effective strategies for applicants looking to succeed in the remote work environment.
The platform offers online courses in accounting, design, marketing, and writing from third-party platforms to help freelancers improve their skills and knowledge.
Remote work database and forum
Remote.co has a community of workers connecting and sharing insights through the platform’s forums. They can ask questions, share their experiences, and network with other professionals in the industry.
At the same time, remote workers are showcased on the website’s database, where other users can interact with them.
Freelancers can also benefit from the platform’s consulting services through Q&A forums.
On the other hand, they can provide valuable insights and guidance for other freelancers and remote workers that need them.
Companies interested in using the platform can enjoy its limited features for free. Here are the following features they can maximize.
Through Remote.co, organizations can connect with a vast community of workers and businesses. They can network, share insights, and learn from others who have successfully embraced remote work.
Job posting and recruitment
Companies can create job postings for US$299 for 30 days. They guarantee a quick and easy posting of jobs specialized for remote work and highlighted across several platforms.
Remote.co provides best practices and insights on how companies can build successful remote teams. It features articles, guides, and case studies highlighting practical tips and strategies for success in remote collaboration.
Pros and cons of using Remote.co according to reviews
While there are few reviews found about Remote.co on the market, some pros and cons are still listed in using the website.
Here are some of the platform’s pros and cons according to multiple reviews:
- Extensive listings. Many users praise Remote.co for its extensive job listings for remote positions across various industries and sectors.
- Useful insights. At the same time, the platform is lauded for its wealth of expert advice and insights on remote work, which many find valuable and informative.
- Savings on multiple posts. Firms posting on the platform’s job boards receive savings and discounts when they create multiple postings at once.
- Slow response time. Some users have reported slow response times from Remote.co’s customer service team, which can be frustrating when trying to resolve issues.
- Pricing. With a hefty US$299 price tag, some startups and organizations might find Remote.co’s pricing as expensive. This could hinder some starting businesses from using the platform for posting flexible jobs.
- Limited “fully-remote” jobs. Not all jobs posted on the website is for applicants looking for fully remote positions. They might find posts that could require them to render hybrid work if needed.
Remote.co is worth your investment
Undoubtedly, Remote.co is a legitimate and reliable platform perfect for businesses and workers wanting to venture into remote work.
It provides a valuable resource in the form of expert advice, community, training, and consulting services. While some have noted a few disadvantages in using the platform, the advantages still outweigh them in the long run.
Using Remote.co, or building a remote team in general, takes planning and strategizing to make it worth the investment. It can even be better through a reliable alternative in the form of outsourcing to a service provider.