Longest available agent
Longest available agent definition
The longest available agent is the agent who has lasted the most period without receiving a caller or post-call assignment. An inbound call would be placed in the queue for this available agent.
How can I calculate the longest available agent?
Considering its appearance, the longest available agent is not a call center key performance indicator (KPI) — it’s a call routing term.
When an inbound call is received in the center, the call center software routes it to a single or group of agents that can comply with the caller’s concern. The center’s automatic call distributor (ACD) determines how to pick which agent.
To get calls where they have to go, your ACD interacts with your interactive voice response (IVR) and computer telephony integration (CTI).
What’s the point of the longest available agent?
When it comes to configuring call center software settings, one of the alternatives accessible to call center managers is redirecting to the longest available agent.
So here are the five major options including:
- Uniform call distribution. Calls are directed to the agent with the longest available time.
- Linear call distribution. Calls are routed among agents according to a specified arrangement, with the same agent handling each call.
- Circular call distribution. Calls are routed among agents according to a specified setting, starting with the agent who receives the call after the last agent
- Simultaneous call distribution. Requests are transferred to all available agents at the same time, and the first agent to receive the call manages it.
- Weighted call distribution. Calls are directed to available agents based on the percentages given to every agent.
In terms of forwarding, different call centers have distinct requirements. In a busy call center, selecting the longest available agent may be the best option since it allows agents to have the most rest time between calls.
It can also keep call center agents from being restless or envious of who receives the most calls.